by Asher Intrater, Director, Tikkun International & Revive Israel
All the prophets speak of the
coming difficulties in the end times. Jeremiah calls it "the time of
Jacob's trouble" (30:7), and it is called the "tribulation" in the
gospels (Matthew 24; Mark 13).
Here is a simplified survey of Daniel's tribulation prophecies from
the second half of his book.
Chapter Seven - First Year of Belshazzar
- Monstrous kingdom like a beast with teeth of iron (7, 23).
- An evil king, the "small horn," speaks boastful things against God (8,
- He makes war against the "saints" of God (21, 25).
- He takes over government and calendar for three and a half years (25).
- The Ancient of Days (God Himself) appears on His throne of fire
- He judges the world (10, 22, 26).
- The horn and beast will be completely destroyed by fire (11).
- The other kingdoms will be allowed to continue for a certain period
- The Son of Man (Yeshua) is given authority over the nations and comes
on clouds of glory (13-14).
- That kingdom authority is transferred to the saints (18, 22, 27).
Chapter Eight - Third Year of Belshazzar
- Two kingdoms fight against one another (1-8, 20-22).
- Two horned ram [Persia-Iran]
- Single horned goat [Greece-Europe]
- A small horned evil king overcomes and then turns toward the Gazelle
- He fights against God and makes war on the saints (10-11, 24).
- He will have a stern face and know mysteries (23), demonstrate
supernatural power (24); act with corruption, deceit, intelligence and
- He will take over the Temple for three and a half years (14).
Chapter Nine - First Year of Darius
- Temple overcome and daily sacrifice stopped for three and a half years
- Abomination set up in the Temple (27).
Chapter Ten - Third Year of Cyrus
- Yeshua (apparently) appears in glory (5-6).
- He and Michael fight against the princes of Persia and Greece (13,
- King of the North attacks land of the Gazelle [Israel] (16, 41), and
sets up camp between the seas and Jerusalem (45).
- Evil king rules with "accusations, flattery, slipperiness and
peacefulness" (21, 32).
- Temple overcome, daily sacrifice stopped, abomination set up (31).
- The saints during this period will
- be crushed and persecuted unto death (33),
- do mighty deeds (32),
- receive great revelation (33),
- bring many others to faith (33),
- and be greatly purified (35).
- Evil king of the North will be greatly lifted up, defy God, succeed,
conquer many in anger (36, 40, 44), but at the end will be destroyed
- This is the Time of Trouble.
- Michael fights for Israel (1).
- Many will yet be saved (1).
- The dead will be raised (2).
- The saints will shine with glory (3).
- The secrets of Scriptures will only be revealed in the end times, when
transportation and information increase (4).
- The saints will
- be persecuted and crushed (7),
- be greatly purified (10),
- prove that the wicked deserve to be punished (10),
- and bring many to faith (10).
- The Temple will be defiled, the daily sacrifice stopped, and the
abomination set up (11).
- The time of trouble will last three and a half years (7, 11, 12).
It is surprising and enlightening how the basic elements of the end
times' troubles are repeated and emphasized in Daniel's
prophecies and the picture becomes clearer as we study the Scriptures.
- the divine-messianic-angelic figure appears in each of the prophecies;
- the evil king is mentioned sixteen times;
- the persecution of the saints seven times;
- the victory of the saints eight times;
- the defiling of the Temple four times;
- the three-and-a-half year period six times.
May God give us grace to understand and prepare ourselves to stand in
faith, righteousness and victory in the end times!
This article was previously published on May
on the Revive Israel website, and on June 1st
2017 here on the Kehila News Israel website.
© Copyright Tikkun International Ministries.
All rights reserved.